Our school is classified as Voluntary Aided, which means that it is owned by the Church of England, which also makes a contribution to the upkeep of the buildings. The Church, by law, has the following privileges:
1. It has the right to nominate a majority of the governing body.
2. Religious Education in the school may be partly denominational.
3. It has certain privileges in the use of the school buildings out of school hours.
The school operates, in most respects as other county schools but we believe that our close relationship with the church gives our school a special Christian atmosphere. By example we hope that children can learn to love and care for others, to be generous, kind and courageous.
Our Vision Statement
To build foundations, inspired by Christian values that nurture and empower confident, resilient and unique citizens of the future to lead and to serve.
- Our school environment provides a safe, nurturing, positive and dynamic learning place, shaped by our Christian values, that enables us to grow – intellectually, spiritually, creatively and physically
- Our teaching offers a broad, challenging and outstanding education that every pupil can access to reach their full potential.
- Our approach to learning will nurture the skills, motivation and working habits that inspire a positive attitude to independent learning and thinking so that every pupil approaches the future with confidence
- We will nurture and celebrate British values (democracy, rule of law, individual freedom, mutual respect and tolerance of difference) and promote awareness of the world around us, so that pupils are responsible citizens
- We value the unique individuality of each member of the whole school community. We celebrate those things we have in common and our differences, our interests and achievements.
- We work in constructive partnership with parents and carers to achieve outstanding outcomes for every child.
Our Values and Ethos
Being a Church School means we embrace the Christian Values.
We work hard to achieve our aims and live up to our Christian values of:
- Friendship and Respect
- Determination and Courage
- Trust and Honesty
- Love, Kindness and Forgiveness
To embed key values the children helped create our logo 'The Wootton Way is Love, Joy and Trust' which help us with guidance from God to live our lives the very best way we can.
Our School Prayer
Bless this School,
May there be room for all children to move and learn here.
Help us to work hard and to care for everything you have made.
Teach us to treat each other with love and kindness and to make our school a peaceful place.